Sunday, November 22, 2009

my biggest inspiration.




for my school assignment, we had to write a research paper on our biggets inspiration, this person had to be a legend of some sort who made a impact on society. i did kurt donald cobain, the lead singer and guitarist of nirvana. words cannot express how much of a inspiration kurt cobain is to me, if i had not listened to his music, read his biographys, or listened to his recordings in which he expressed his views on art, music, and life.. i would not be the same person. there is something so incredibly fascinating about him. i have read his journals almost every one that is open to the public and they are all truly inspiring, and somewhat confusing..but that's why there so great, if that makes sense? :)
"I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i'm not".
"I'd rather be dead than cool".
"It's better to burn out than fade away".
-Kurt cobain




My next biggest inspiration is the dynamic dueo that is the beautiful edie sedgwick and andy warhol. I have to say i have not always been a fan, i mean..i've always thought andy warhols art was incredible but i have never been so fascinated with there lives until my bestfriend sarah showed me the movie "Factory girl" with sienna miller, the movie was a absoute thumbs up! the story really portrays the harsh life that superstar it girl edie sedgwick faced. However she was beautiful and i am a huge fan. Andy warhol always truly inspires me because he is so akwardly alluring with his intricate mind that sees the world through art and beauty, i was on google one day bored randomly searching for images of edie sedgwick when i found this photographer from the sixties with rare photographs and i found this beauty to the right. i love how andy warhol looks adoringly at edie, it captures all that factory girl did. i love her and him an i find them bolth truly inspiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment